We’ve reviewed the top Cryptocurrency IRA Companies to help you to choose the right Bitcoin IRA. A Crypto IRA lets you hold digital assets in your retirement account. We may receive a commission from our partners but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective. For more, read our Compensation Policy.
True Cold Storage
17 Crypto Investments
Founded by the team from Birch Gold Group in 2017, BitIRA specializes in Digital IRA setup and management. The firm’s team has a century of experience in crafting alternative asset IRAs, working some of the best custodians in the business.
- Cold Storage in Grade-5 Nuclear Bunkers, Guarded 24/7
- $100M End to End Insurance
- Full-Service Support
- Crypto investments limited to 18
Burbank, California based BitIRA is a leader in the setup and management of self-directed cryptocurrency IRAs. The company states on its website that the firm “was established on the belief that Americans should have easier access to the wide range of conventional and alternative assets available to hold in their tax-advantaged retirement accounts.”
- Traditional IRA
- Bitcoin Roth IRA
- SEP IRA
- SIMPLE IRA
The BitIRA platform offers:
- Real-time trading, live 22 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Rapid settlement thanks to deep liquidity through partner Genesis Global Trading.
- Triggered trades: automatic buy and sell rules for hedging or buying the dip.
- One-click reporting: balances, transactions, historical performance.
BitIRA Account Security
Security is certainly important when your retirement savings are involved and even more so with Cryptocurrencies. Security is a top priority with BitIRA as well striving for “The World’s Most Secure Digital Currency IRA”.
BitIRA Security Features:
- End-to-End Insurance with $100 million coverage.
- Cold Storage Wallets are disconnected from the internet and stored in a guarded, Grade-5 nuclear bunker.
- FDIC cash insurance covers up to $250,000 per account.
- $5000 minimum Investment
- No Monthly Fee
- Account setup: $50
- Annual maintenance: $195
This information has not been made public.
FREE Ledger Nano S wallet with new $5k account.*Limited time offer.
As of 5/9/2022
- BBB: A+ Rating
- Birdeye.com: 4.9/5 stars
- Consumeraffairs.com: 4.9/5 stars
- Google.com: 4.6/5 stars
- Business Consumer Alliance: AAA rating
As of 5/9/2022
No complaints were found.
BitIRA is a solid SDIRA cryptocurrency company with great online reviews and not one complaint found. As the sister company of Birch Gold, BitIRA has plenty of experience with self directed individual retirement accounts.
The only minor negative we found was that you are limited to 18 crypto investments. If you plan on investing in some of the smaller cap cryptos, BitIRA may not be for you.
Otherwise, we give our solid recommendation for BitIRA if you are looking to diversify into cryptocurrencies. Visit BitIRA.com for more info and an investment guide.